Privacy and Disclaimer Policies
ADCET is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and fully complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth).
When you visit this website, the server makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the address of your server;
- the time and date of your visit to the website;
- the documents you have accessed; and
- the type of browser you are using.
When you send us an email, send us feedback, or if you complete and submit an electronic form on our website we may record: Your role and the sector (eg Teacher in Higher Education) and your email address
Use of Information Collected
This personal information will only be used for the stated purpose for which it was provided or for the purposes of testing, validating, evaluating or developing ADCET services without your express consent. It will not be disclosed to a third party, other than our development team.
Your personal information will be held in strictest confidence. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that information is not subject to loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration. We also take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer required.
We do not, however, provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the internet and you should be aware that there may be risks associated with the transmission of personal information via the Internet. If you prefer you can communicate with us by post or telephone.
This website contains links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective Privacy Statements.
A cookie is a short message given to your web browser by a web server. Your browser stores the message and sends it back to the server each time you return to that website. The main purpose of the cookie is to save you setting your profile at each visit to the site. The cookie identifies your browser, not you personally. No Personal Information is stored within the ADCET cookies.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
ADCET follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and are a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, ADCET uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies" from Cookie Consent.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
ADCET does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
The ADCET website was established and is maintained for the dissemination of information relating to education and training for people with disability. The information has been derived from many sources and is published in good faith.
ADCET may not be used in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
Information on this site is subject to change without notice.
All efforts have been made by ADCET to ensure that material accessible via ADCET Web Servers is accurate and up-to-date.
- ADCET makes no warranty, or guarantee, or promise express or implied, that the material on this site is either accurate or complete, up-to-date, or fit for any use whatsoever. You should exercise your own skill and judgement prior to relying on the material contained in this site.
- ADCET accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of direct or indirect use of application of any material on this site.
- Users seeking to use or rely on information given in our News and Events sections should, in the case of each event or conference, seminar or other event listed on this site, verify the information with the respective organisers of the event(s) mentioned.
- The view and opinions in the material on this site or on any linked sites/publications do not necessarily represent those of ADCET or its funding body The Australian Government Department of Education.
- Any inaccuracies on ADCET brought to the attention of ADCET will be corrected as soon as possible.
- ADCET is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or links referenced from this site. The presence of a hyper-link from a page on one of the ADCET web server pages does not imply any kind of endorsement of the content of these pages.
- ADCET is not affiliated with any of the organisations or companies featured on ADCET and does not in any way endorse, guarantee or represent the products or services advertised and/or offered by them. Furthermore, ADCET assumes no responsibility or legal liability in connection with these providers, or for the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information.