ADCET - Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training
Our Latest Work
Featured news, events and articles from across the sector.
Realising Disability Inclusion
This joint ADCET and ATEND webinar, presented by Prof. Carol Evans, will explore the current context of disability inclusion defined as the ‘extent to which higher education institutions support equal access to university and equal opportunities to do well for staff and students with disabilities compared to their non-disabled peers’. When: Wednesday 24 Aug 2022
ADCET and colleagues feature in podcasts from across the sector
ADCET’s work has been featured in three podcast episodes from across the sector recently, with colleagues speaking to the Think UDL podcast and Vision Australia’s Talking Vision podcast.
Upskill in UDL
Universal Design for Learning (UDL) is a learning design approach that recognises that there is no ‘average’ learner and instead considers the needs and preferences of all learners. We’ve developed resources to help you implement UDL in your teaching practice.
Inclusive communication means using language and imagery in a way that makes everyone feel welcomed, valued and respected. Irrespective of whether you’re creating content for a broad audience or speaking directly with one person, our Inclusive Communication resources have been put together to help ensure that you’re doing so in a way that makes everyone feel they belong.
12@12: Permission to be Human
Permission to be Human. Become more comfortable with uncomfortable emotions and the messages they have for us. These short 12@12 session recordings are presented by Debbie Hindle.
The Changing Face of Learning Disability Diagnosis and Response
In this ADCET webinar, Mandy Nayton explored the changes that are taking place in the field of learning disability and the impact these changes may have in a Tertiary education setting.
- ADCET News: ADCET in Review: Upskill in UDL
- ADCET News: Support through Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Practice Spotlight: Ronny Andrade: Making accessibility accessible
- ADCET News: Assistance animals on campus: Everything you could paws-itively need to know
- Practice Spotlight: Francois has taken charge of his destiny by speaking up
- ADCET News: We’ll come to you next time! - Sign up for the ADCET newsletter
- Webinar: How can we use quantitative data for disability research?
- ADCET Webinar: Realising Disability Inclusion
- CCA 2022 Annual Conference: Rebuilding Community
- Virtual Disability Conference 2022: Raising Expectations
- Understanding the Student Journey to Success – Engagement, Intervention and Retention Strategies Symposium
- VDC 2022 Teaching & Learning Conference
Sector news & positions vacant
- Job: Accessibility Advisor Officer - Macquarie University
- Job: Senior Disability Adviser - Monash University
- Job: Equitable Learning and Accessibility Coordinator - Australian College of the Arts
- Sector News: ADCET and colleagues feature in podcasts from across the sector
- Sector News: Supporting Skills in Assistance Dog Training
- Sector News: Women with disabilities 'underestimated' as battle for equality in science careers heats up
Latest links & articles
- Article: Designing assessment for inclusion: an exploration of diverse students’ assessment experiences
- Article: How are examinations inclusive for students with disabilities in higher education? A sociomaterial analysis
- Web link: Melbourne Disability Institute Newsletter
- Podcast: ThinkUDL Podcast: UDL’s High Impact Teaching Blueprint with Erin Leif and Lizzie Knight
- Web link: Best practices for inclusive and diverse photography in higher education
- Web link: Starting with Julius - reCasting Difference