ADCET - Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training
Our Latest Work
Featured news, events and articles from across the sector.
Spotlight - Translating the science of learning with equity
How do we learn? What are the best ways of learning, and how do we communicate those to students from diverse backgrounds? Those are some of the big questions informing a research project that’s currently being undertaken at Griffith University – and Dr Sakinah Alhadad and a team of students and educators are looking to answer them as equitably as possible.
Mental health: What does it look like?
Having a healthy sense of mental wellbeing has many benefits. In this session, we look at the six different areas (building blocks) of mental wellbeing and the practical strategies and activities to incorporate these into your day-to-day life.
Register your interest to receive updates on a new e-learning program
The Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training (ADCET) in partnership with the National Disability Coordination Officers (NDCO) program will be launching a new e-learning training program, Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Tertiary Education on the 3rd of December 2021. Register your interest to receive updates and information about the e-learning program.
Critical Conversations. Disclosing disability in higher education
What’s in it for the student?
In July 2021, researchers Tim Pitman, Matt Brett and Katie Ellis published their paper: Three decades of misrecognition: defining people with disability in Australian higher education policy. This critical conversation with the authors explored the practical recommendations the paper offers for current higher education policy and practice.
Latest ADCET content
- Critical Conversations Recording: Disclosing disability in higher education
- ADCET Webinar Recording: Mental health - What does it look like?
- Spotlight: Translating the science of learning with equity
- ADCET Webinar Recording: Improving outcomes for dyslexic learners in tertiary education
- Blog: My Journey - Through University
Latest news & positions vacant
Latest links & articles
- Article: National Disability Employment Strategy Consultation Report
- Video: Factors involved in making STEM content accessible
- Article: Perspectives on the challenges to access and equity in Higher Education across the world in the context of COVID
- Article: Learning Together Toolkit: Tools to help you get the support you need in education