ADCET - Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training
Our Latest Work
Featured news, events and articles from across the sector.
Realising Disability Inclusion
This joint ADCET and ATEND webinar, presented by Prof. Carol Evans, will explore the current context of disability inclusion defined as the ‘extent to which higher education institutions support equal access to university and equal opportunities to do well for staff and students with disabilities compared to their non-disabled peers’. When: Wednesday 24 Aug 2022
The Changing Face of Learning Disorder Diagnosis and Response
In this ADCET webinar, Mandy Nayton explored the changes that are taking place in the field of learning disorders and the impact these changes may have in a Tertiary education setting.
Inclusive communication means using language and imagery in a way that makes everyone feel welcomed, valued and respected. Irrespective of whether you’re creating content for a broad audience or speaking directly with one person, our Inclusive Communication resources have been put together to help ensure that you’re doing so in a way that makes everyone feel they belong.
Support through Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships
The Australian Government provides support to Australian Apprentices and Trainees with disability to help them reach their full potential as skilled workers. Learn more about the support that’s available to Australian Apprentices and Trainees as well as their employers.
12@12: Sharing Good News
How you listen to good news can have more impact on your relationships than how you listen to bad news. Build trust and rapport with Active Constructive Listening. These short 12@12 session recordings are presented by Debbie Hindle.
Ronny Andrade: Making accessibility accessible
Ronny Andrade (Digital Accessibility lead at RMIT) took out the ‘Making Accessibility Accessible’ award for the “invaluable contribution” he has made to improvements in accessibility at RMIT in ADCET's inaugural Accessibility in Action Awards. Ronny was recognised for raising awareness of accessibility, giving staff confidence to create it in their own areas of work and for helping to engage them in it.
- ADCET News: Support through Australian Apprenticeships and Traineeships
- Practice Spotlight: Ronny Andrade: Making accessibility accessible
- ADCET News: Assistance animals on campus: Everything you could paws-itively need to know
- Practice Spotlight: Francois has taken charge of his destiny by speaking up
- ADCET News: We’ll come to you next time! - Sign up for the ADCET newsletter
- ADCET News: Information for staff: Student complaints of disability discrimination
- ADCET Webinar: Realising Disability Inclusion
- CCA 2022 Annual Conference: Rebuilding Community
- Virtual Disability Conference 2022: Raising Expectations
- Understanding the Student Journey to Success – Engagement, Intervention and Retention Strategies Symposium
- VDC 2022 Teaching & Learning Conference
- EPHEA 2022 Conference: Strength through Adversity
Sector news & positions vacant
- Job: Equitable Learning and Accessibility Coordinator - Australian College of the Arts
- Sector News: ADCET and colleagues feature in podcasts from across the sector
- Sector News: Supporting Skills in Assistance Dog Training
- Sector News: Women with disabilities 'underestimated' as battle for equality in science careers heats up
- Job: Disability & Access Advisor - TAFE Gippsland
- Sector News: Louisa Alessandri Memorial Fund Scholarship
Latest links & articles
- Podcast: ThinkUDL Podcast: UDL’s High Impact Teaching Blueprint with Erin Leif and Lizzie Knight
- Web link: Best practices for inclusive and diverse photography in higher education
- Web link: Starting with Julius - reCasting Difference
- Web link: Attitude Foundation - Resources
- Web link: Best Practices for Advertising
- Podcast: Think UDL Podcast: Universal Design for Learning in Technical and Further Education