ADCET - Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training
Our Latest Work
Featured news, events and articles from across the sector.
Managing complex and challenging mental health situations
This ADCET webinar will focus on the small number of instances where a student’s mental ill health is so disruptive to their thinking, thoughts and/or behaviours that they are unable to engage and participate in their chosen courses. When: Monday 23 May 2022
deafConnectEd - Changing the conversation
deafConnectEd provides information to people who are Deaf or hard of hearing and who are studying or considering study, and also provides support to teachers, interpreters and notetakers so they can provide the best education experience for Deaf or hard of hearing students.
What’s next for Digital Accessibility?
RMIT in conjunction with ADCET proudly presents: What’s next for Digital Accessibility? A cross institutional discussion on where we've come from, harnessing the COVID disruption and embedding digital equity in what's next. When: Thursday 19 May 2022
ADCET partners with the UTS LX.lab
ADCET is collaborating with the LX.lab at University of Technology Sydney to share, develop and promote resources that support educators in the university sector to teach in an accessible way. These resources are practical and easy to follow so that teaching staff can start to implement them immediately in their practice.
ADCET: Celebrating Accessibility in Action
Join ADCET prior to Global Accessibility Awareness Day, as we come together with colleagues from across the Australian tertiary education sector to celebrate the amazing work that highlights Accessibility in Action. When: Wednesday 18 May 2022
- ADCET: Celebrating Accessibility in Action
- RMIT GAAD Lunchtime workshops
- Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD)
- RMIT and ADCET Webinar: What’s next for Digital Accessibility?
- Conference: Neurodiversity and the Legal System - Towards Equality for All
- ADCET Webinar: Managing complex and challenging mental health situations
Sector news & positions vacant
- Job: AccessAbility Adviser - Swinburne University of Technology
- Job: AccessAbility Assistant - North Regional TAFE
- Job: Project Officer, Disability Services Assistive Technology - Federation University Australia
- Sector News: GAA’day Challenge
- Sector News: Survey: Supporting Marginalised University Students and Staff
- Sector News: Launch: Online Access for Tertiary Students who are Blind or Vision Impaired
Latest links & articles
- Article: Student Equity in Higher Education Evaluation Framework (SEHEEF) - Final Report
- Article: Case Study: Investigating the effects of cumulative factors of disadvantage
- Article: HEPPP - 2016 National Priorities Pool: Review of Identified Equity Groups
- Article: Effects of captions, transcripts and reminders on learning and perceptions of lecture capture
- Web link: myWAY Employability
- Article: Senate Select Committee on Autism - Report on services, support and life outcomes for Autistic Australians