ADCET - Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training
Our Latest Work
Featured news, events and articles from across the sector.
Darren provides us with a range of updates on tools and information for testing, improving and using the accessibility features on different devices. There are also some inspiring TED Talks that look at accessibility as an opportunity that can and does benefit everybody.
This service offers 1 on 1 and small group online sessions to assist educators and disability support staff in the tertiary sector with all those burning queries relating to Accessibility, Teaching and Assistive Technology.
Information for students: making a complaint of disability discrimination
Students with disability have the right to access and participate in education and training on the same basis as other students. ADCET has developed information for students who are considering making a complaint of disability discrimination.
Leveraging students’ voices to strengthen student support
This ADCET webinar draws upon a study of university students’ voices to explore what makes for effective student support and the ways in which it can be enhanced and improved. When: Thursday 7 Jul 2022
LGBTIQ+ inclusive practices for people with disability
In recognition of Pride Month 2022 ADCET was proud to present this webinar focusing on the issues facing LGBTIQ+ people with disability and the ways inclusive practices can make a difference. Topics included: understanding LGBTIQ+ language, affirming LGBTIQ+ identities, engaging respectfully with LGBTIQ+ people with disability, and embedding LGBTIQ+ inclusive practices into everyday behaviours.
Resources to assist students who are blind or have a vision impairment
Explore our new eLearning module and Guidelines: Online Access for Tertiary Students who are Blind or Vision Impaired. These two new resources have been developed to address access barriers for learners and increase understanding of developing and facilitating teaching practice.
- Information for staff: Student complaints of disability discrimination
- Information for students: making a complaint of disability discrimination
- 12@12 podcasts
- Resources to support students with ADHD
- Resources to assist students who are blind or have a vision impairment
- ADCET partners with the UTS LX.lab
- Conference: Students Transitions Achievement Retention & Success (STARS) 2022
- Australasian Mental Health and Higher Education Collaboration Webinar: Research Experiences
- National Youth Disability Summit
- ADCET Webinar: Leveraging students’ voices to strengthen student support
- 31st National VET Research Conference ‘No Frills’
- VDC 2022 Teaching & Learning Conference
Sector news & positions vacant
- Job: Casual Senior Disability Adviser - Monash University
- Job: Equitable Learning Advisor - Melbourne, RMIT
- Job: Equitable Learning Advisor - The University Of Melbourne
- Sector News: Vodcast: A Guide to Tertiary Education for Multicultural Communities and Mature Age Students with Disability
- Sector News: BCA Hugh Jeffrey Scholarship
- Sector News: GAA’day Challenge
Latest links & articles
- Article: Doing research inclusively: co-production in action
- Article: Guides for staff on student equity, and supporting students’ learning and mental wellbeing (NCSEHE)
- Article: The Inclusion of Learners with Disabilities: Guidelines on Emergency Movement to Online and Distance Learning - UNESCO
- Article: Guidelines for Producing Accessible Graphics (2022)
- Article: Guidelines for Producing Clear Print (2022)
- Article: Support for Australian Apprentices with disability