Welcome to ADCET Assist, an initiative of the former NDCO program. While the NDCO program has been discontinued, ADCET has secured temporary funding that enables ADCET Assist to continue from November 2023 until April 2024.
ADCET Assist is a free service that offers 1 to 1 and small group online sessions to assist educators and disability support staff across the tertiary sector with any and all queries relating to Accessibility, Teaching and Assistive Technology.
No query too small, or complex. If we can help, we will or at least try and point you in the right direction.
Here is a list of a few of the queries and discussions so far:
- Individual student assistive technology options (I have a student.....)
- Accessible mathematics and STEM subjects
- Universal Design for Learning
- Creating accessible emails
- Creating inclusive teaching materials
- Inclusive unit/course design
- Video captioning and subtitling
- Developing accessible eLearning resources
- Dictation and transcription software
- Web/Digital Accessibility
- Testing for accessibility
- Augmented/virtual reality
- Automation and AI
- Equitable and accessible assessments
Sessions for 2023 are now completed. ADCET Assist will be back in 2024 available Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays during January and February and can be booked using our online booking form.
If you have any questions or issues booking the service, please email the National Assistive Technology Project Officer.