View Dyslexie font  |  View high contrast
Survey — Help ADCET improve


Every post-secondary education provider has a set of policies and procedures in place for processing student complaints or grievances. You should be able to review each provider’s policy by doing a keyword search from the relevant provider’s home page.

A student complaint might relate to an academic issue (e.g. the result you received for a final exam, or how a particular subject was assessed), or a non-academic issue (e.g. problems with access to facilities such as the campus library or computer labs). Large, complex providers such as universities have different departments responsible for complaints depending on the type of complaint; smaller providers may centralise the complaints process in a student services area.

As part of their overarching complaints process, providers also have a student organisation representative or student advocate available for advice and support if you are planning to initiate a complaint.

You will be required to produce a written complaint detailing the nature of the complaint and the specific details.

If your complaint is based on service or treatment related to your disability, sex, race or age and it is not resolved through the provider to your satisfaction, you may want to register your complaint at the Australian Human Rights Commission.

The Australian Human Rights Commission website contains helpful guides, forms and information on how to lodge a complaint.