Webinar: Sonocent Audio Notetaker - more than just a digital note taking tool
++ Captions will be added to this recording shortly ++
ADCET and the Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND) presented this webinar in August 2018.
Audio Notetaker has proven to be an effective tool in addressing the note taking challenges of thousands of higher education students around the world. It enables students of all abilities to attain greater academic success and, importantly, develop study skills that are critical for lifelong learning. Audio Notetaker is also being utilised as a total work flow tool and for many students, it is viewed as their Universal Design Office suite.
In this presentation Jim Sprialis outlined in greater detail how the various advanced features of the software are utilised to:
- more effectively manage captured spoken information in a live (or recorded) lecture
- create study guides from a single (or series) of lectures
- generate written text for assignments
- create audio books from pdf documents
- create summary notes of flipped content (e.g from online videos or webinars)
The unique features of the companion app were demonstrated with a focus on the Scribble-Audio linking and Scribble pin labelling features which can support the capture of STEM content (e.g. equations, graphs).