Webinar: Engaging Students on the Autism Spectrum in Tertiary Settings: An Evidence-Based Peer-Mentoring Program at Curtin University
This webinar was hosted by ADCET and the Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND) in September, 2016. Presented by Dr Theresa Kidd and Dr Jasmine McDonald (Joint Program Managers of the Curtin Specialist Mentoring Program (CSMP))
During the presentation Theresa and Jasmine discuss the following:
- Why start a pilot program?
- What works at the tertiary education level?
- Curtin Specialist Mentoring Program History & How it Works
- Duties of the Mentor
- CSMP mentee / mentor numbers
- First Pilot CSMP Evaluation (2014) - Mentee Perspective
- Second Pilot CSMP Evaluation – Mentor Perspective
- Second Pilot CSMP Evaluation Results
- Module Pilot Program (UWA – Sem. 2, 2015)
- UWA Program / CSMP Autism CRC Evaluations (2015) Preliminary Results
- Autism CRC Module Components
- CSMP Future Goals