Supporting You - Supporting Students
Welcome to the Australian Disability Clearinghouse on Education and Training (ADCET)
In order to facilitate successful outcomes and improve the educational experience for students with disability, ADCET provides information, advice and resources to Disability Practitioners, Teachers and Students on inclusive practices within the post-secondary education sector.
Opening All Options - Learning Disability Resource. Update and relaunch
ADCET and the Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND) are pleased to bring you this webinar - it will be live captioned and there is no cost to attend.
The Opening All Options (OAO) - Learning Disability Resource was first released in 1999 and updated a number of times in subsequent years. Julie Fry and Jo Webber have undertaken the enormous task of this current update. The resource continues to provide comprehensive information about Learning Disability relevant to the needs of the post-secondary education sector.
In this webinar Julie and Jo will provide an overview of the updated resource.
The following areas are covered in this latest update:
- What is a Specific Learning Disability (SLD)?
- Teaching strategies for students with a Specific Learning Disability (SLD)
- Study skills for students with a Specific Learning Disability (SLD)
- Universal design solutions that address academic barriers for students with a Specific Learning Disability (SLD)
- The Impact of a specific learning disability in education
- Tips for the new Disability Practitioner
- Reasonable adjustments and Specific Learning Disability
- Screening for indicators of a Specific Learning Disability
- The Disability Practitioner, Specific Learning Disabilities and the education context in Australia
- Personalised learning: A framework for practice
- Assistive Technology
When: Tuesday 27th September, 1pm - 2pm AEST
Disability Practice In the Spotlight
Equipping Students for Life: Dr Chris Summers
The 13 bi-annual Pathways conference will be held Wednesday
30 November - Friday 2 December, 2016
at the Hotel Realm, Canberra.
The ATEND Pathways Conference is a bi-annual event organised by the Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND). The conference brings together disability practitioners, NDCOs and a range of other professional, academic staff and students with disability to identify and remove barriers for people with disability participating in higher education and training.
Pathways 13 centres around the theme; Changes, Challenges and Choice – embracing the future. The Pathways 13 conference will celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Pathways in Australia. Exploring the past 25 years will enable us to look back since the first Pathways Conference in Geelong in 1991, and explore Changes in the field of higher education and training for people with disability and look forward to the Challenges and Choices of the future.
Further information: http://www.pathways.consec.com.au/