The ATEND Pathways Conference is a bi-annual event organised by the Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND).
The conference brings together disability practitioners, NDCOs and a range of other professional, academic staff and students with disability to identify and remove barriers for people with disability participating in higher education and training.
Pathways provides a unique opportunity to improve our knowledge and plays a pivotal role in supporting practitioners and the sector in general with an opportunity for professional development. It encourages discussion and debate which informs the sector and ensures that we are all working towards an improved practice model.
The first conference was held in Geelong, Victoria in 1991. Each event is hosted by a different state.
Past Pathways Conferences:
- Pathways 12 - Perth 2014
- Pathways 11 - Adelaide 2012
- Pathways 10 - Brisbane 2010
- Pathways 9 - Melbourne 2008
- Pathways 8 - Hobart 2006
- Pathways 7 - Alice Springs 2004
- Pathways 6 - Sydney 2002
- Pathways 5 - Canberra 2000
- Pathways 4 - Perth 1998
- Pathways 3 - Adelaide 1996
- Pathways 2 - Brisbane 1993
- Pathways 1 - Geelong 1991
Future Pathways Conference locations:
- Pathways 13 2016 Australian Capital Territory
- Pathways 14 2018 New South Wales
- Pathways 15 2020 Northern Territory
- Pathways 16 2022 Tasmania
- Pathways 17 2024 Victoria
- Pathways 18 2026 Queensland