View Dyslexie font  |  View high contrast
Survey — Help ADCET improve

Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students

If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student with a disability then there are a range of support services available to help you thrive in your chosen education or training program.

All TAFE and university providers have dedicated units to provide a wide range of services including cultural support, mentoring, tutoring, networking, and scholarships. Check with your education provider about what they provide by way of support.

Below are links to TAFE and University support units.



University Indigenous Education Units (IEUs) are located all around Australia. These units provide support to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, create a network of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students/academics and provide an Indigenous presence on all Australian university campuses.

A range of other resources are listed below.

Resources to assist Indigenous students with disability