Disability Services Officer - TAFE Qld
Reporting to the Student Support Manager, the successful candidate will assist in the coordination of support services for students with a disability to achieve their individual educational goals.
You will achieve this through the following key responsibilities:
- Provide advice to students in relation to general support information, enquiries and referrals in a multi campus environment.
- Assess and determine the support needs of prospective and current student with key stakeholders.
- Manage the recruitment, selection and supervision of disability support workers, such as interpreters, note takes, scribes, tutors and mentors.
- Manage and reconcile the budget associated with the engagement of casual disability support officers.
- Prepare and disseminate reports, submissions and correspondence to key stakeholders in relation to Disability Support Services.
- Identify current and future needs and opportunities for funding to assist in providing access to vocational education and training for people with disabilities.
- Act as a liaison when providing information to school students, parents and mature age people on options available for people with disabilities in the vocational education and training sector in line with legislative requirements.
- Contribute to the success of transformation and cultural change through promoting and modelling the established values of Safety First, Working Together, Focussing on our Customer, Taking Responsibility and Showing Initiative.
- Live a safety culture, lead by example and support the Health Safety and Environment Management System.
You are the right person for the role if you have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of The Disability Discrimination Act / The Disability Standards for Education.
- Demonstrated experience supporting people with disability including knowledge of differing disability types and ability to determine appropriate solutions to suit.
- A proven track record in the delivery of student support services, effectively identifying risks, researching and analysing issues to determine credible actions and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet business objectives and maintain current knowledge of student support practices, systems and processes.
- Proven experience in building and sustaining productive internal and external key stakeholder relationships, and working collaboratively to foster a positive and cohesive work environment in a multi campus environment.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team while remaining flexible and adaptable to organise and prioritise own workload and apply well developed organisational skills to tasks or projects.
- High level of communication and client service skills to work collaboratively with stakeholders and colleagues to achieve outstanding client service.
Details of Employment:
- This temporary full-time position is for the period January to December 2019, unless otherwise determined.
Primarily located at TAFE’s South Bank campus, however you may be required to work across other TAFE Queensland Brisbane Region campuses.
- Classification AO4, TAFE Queensland Award – State 2016. $71,197.70 - $78,145.28 per annum, plus superannuation contributions of up to 12.75% of your annual salary
Applications close: 19th January 2019