IT Roles. ATO, Canberra
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) is working with Specialisterne to attract the skills and abilities of prospective people on the autism spectrum who can contribute to their workforce. The ATO values the mutual benefits to both the incoming candidates sourced through the Federal Talent Hub and the valuable skills and abilities people on the autism spectrum can offer in their critical IT services.
Applications are open to become Specialisterne employees who will be contracted for a range of opportunities within the Australian Tax Office (ATO). These opportunities are entry level roles in Systems Administration.
- Must be of working age
- Must have a diagnosis of autism (including Autism spectrum disorder, Asperger’s disorder, Autistic disorder, or PDD-NOS)
- Must have proof of Australian Citizenship
- Must be able to attend the Specialisterne 4-week assessment phase (see below for more details) beginning Monday 5th November until Friday 30th November 2018 (those with existing commitments during this time please advise at time of application)
- Successful candidates must pass a national government security clearance
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake pre-employment health checks
- Should live within a daily commutable distance of Canberra
The following skills and experience will be highly regarded, although are not essential for the role:
- Obtained a Bachelor degree or TAFE qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Software Development or related discipline or have real-world experience in software development or testing practices
- A strong interest in any of the following: Systems Testing, Systems Administration, IT Security or related area
- Desirable: An understanding of programming languages and/or testing – Python, Java, SQL, C# and others desirable