ATO (IT Roles - autism spectrum) - Brisbane
Specialisterne Australia offers an alternative for people with autism to connect with employers who recognise the valuable contributions and talents that people on the autism spectrum can bring to their organisations. We offer a tailored workshop and assessment program whereby applicants can demonstrate in a practical, hands-on environment their skills and abilities, directly to employers.
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) is working with Specialisterne to attract the skills and abilities of prospective people on the autism spectrum who can contribute to their workforce. The ATO recognises that one of their greatest assets is the diversity their staff bring to the organisation. By embracing their differences, they support everyone to realise their full potential. The ATO continues to focus on building a culture of inclusiveness and making the necessary cultural changes to align with the transformed employee experience. The ATO values the mutual benefits to both the incoming candidates sourced through the Dandelion Talent Hub and the valuable skills and abilities people on the autism spectrum can offer in their critical IT services.
We are currently seeking applications to become Specialisterne employees who will be contracted for a range of opportunities within the ATO. These opportunities at the ATO are entry level roles across various aspects of IT including Application and Systems Testing, Applications Development, Systems Administration and Analytics.
- Must be aged 18 years or older
- Must have a diagnosis of autism (including Autism spectrum disorder, Asperger’s disorder, Autistic disorder, or PDD-NOS)
- Must have proof of Australian Citizenship or right to work in Australia
- Must be able to attend the Specialisterne 4-week assessment phase (see below for more details) beginning Monday 17th September through to Friday 12th October 2018 (those with existing commitments during this time please advise at time of application)
- Candidates must pass a national government security clearance
- Should live within a daily commutable distance of the Brisbane (Chermside or CBD) office or be happy to relocate at own expense. We encourage applicants from Australia-wide.
The following skills and experience will be highly regarded, although are not essential for the role:
- Obtained a Bachelor degree or TAFE qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business, Software Development or related discipline or have real-world experience in software development or testing practices
- A strong interest in any of the following: Systems Testing, Applications Development, Data Analytics, Systems
- Analyst, Systems Administration, Cyber Security or related area
- An understanding of programming languages and/or testing – Python, Java, SQL, C# and others desirable