Consolidation of Commonwealth anti-discrimination laws
On 22 September 2011, a public discussion was launched to seek community views on consolidating Commonwealth anti-discrimination law, encompassing:
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984
- Australian Human Rights Commission Act 1986
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Age Discrimination Act 2004
The project to consolidate existing Commonwealth anti-discrimination law into a single Act is a key component of Australia’s Human Rights Framework.