Equity @ACT Symposium
Mon 25 Sep 2023 9:00 am – Tue 26 Sep 2023 5:00 pm AEST
Join colleagues from across the education sector to discuss one of the most pressing issues in Australian higher education: widening participation.
The Australian Universities Accord Interim Report has described improving access and equity as a matter of urgency.
“Tackling this participation problem will require all institutions to actively support students from all backgrounds to enrol and succeed. Every part of the higher education system must set out to achieve greater equity.” Australian Higher Education Accord Interim Report, 19 July 2023
The online Symposium will provide an opportunity to engage with leaders and experts across the education sector, reflect on understanding of equity, share practice, learn about emerging ideas and approaches, and explore cultural and structural changes for future impact.
- ACU Vice-Chancellor and President, Professor Zlatko Skrbis will launch the ACU's Widening Participation Plan during the Equity Symposium. Joining him will be Keynote Speakers :
- Professor Penny Jane Burke | A UNESCO Chair in Equity, Social Justice and Higher Education and Director of the Centre of Excellence for Equity in Higher Education, University of Newcastle.
- Professor Sally Kift | Higher Education Academy (PFHEA), a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Law (FAAL), and President of the Australian Learning & Teaching Fellows (ALTF).
- Professor Sarah O’Shea | Honorary Professorial Fellow in the School of Education, Faculty of the Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities, and Dean, Graduate Research at Charles Sturt University.
- Professor Mark Rose | Pro Vice-Chancellor, Indigenous Strategy and Innovation, Deakin University & ACU Alumni.
The Symposium is entirely online, free and sessions run across two days, 25 – 26 September. Sessions are available to all Education based stakeholders and communities. Attendees can join for the full two days or individual sessions.
Event times in your timezone
|ACT, NSW, Qld, Tas, Vic||25 Sep 2023 9:00 am – 26 Sep 2023 5:00 pm|
|NT, SA||25 Sep 2023 8:30 am – 26 Sep 2023 4:30 pm|
|WA||25 Sep 2023 7:00 am – 26 Sep 2023 3:00 pm|
|NZ||25 Sep 2023 12:00 pm – 26 Sep 2023 8:00 pm|