Vision Australia's Further Education Bursary 2023
Each year, Vision Australia awards Further Education Bursaries to a select number of students who are blind or have low vision. The bursaries provide adaptive technology to help the students fully participate and succeed in their chosen studies. Assistive technology can eliminate barriers to education and enhance access to information. It enables students to read course material, conduct research and improve their student life.
- Be blind or have low vision that is not correctable by spectacles, contact lenses or other standard medical treatments.
- Be or become, a client of Vision Australia
- Have a current (within the last 12 months) eye report on file with Vision Australia
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be living or moving to Australia
- Be enrolling to study at an institution in Australia
- Be enrolling to study in at least Certificate IV or higher accredited courses including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees (not a Foundation or Enabling course) at the start of the year or be already enrolled in such a course (preference may be given to those in the early stages of a course). The course must have a minimum 12 months remaining from January 2024 for those already enrolled
- Be willing to be involved in publicity events and provide feedback and updates on their academic progress
Applications close 30 September 2023