Equitable Learning and Disability Support Administration Officer - Chisholm Institute
Employment Status: Full time
About the Role
This position is accountable for the administrative, financial and organisational operations of Equitable Learning and Disability Support. It works closely with the Equitable Learning and Disability Support Advisors and external agencies to ensure that students with a disability, long-term illness and/or mental health condition are actively and positively included in all aspects of Chisholm life and can participate equally with other students.
- Display initiative and exercise judgement in the provision of high-level administrative support.
- Coordinate in-class support for students with a disability, including enabling staff, assistive technology etc
- Deliver a range of routine equitable learning and disability support administrative functions utilising a range of systems to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee and facilitate the sourcing, purchasing, tracking, use, maintenance and repair of disability related equipment, assistive technology and software including the liaison with relevant Equitable Learning and Disability Support and Chisholm staff as required.
- As required, Administer the day-to-day operations of SSE appointment bookings, amendments and cancellations, ensuring appropriate service provision requirements for students
- Be a central point of contact between the ELDS unit, Chisholm staff and external support agencies to ensure that students with a Learning Access Plan (LAP) are supported with enabling staff.
- Maintain professional contact with disability support administration staff across the VET/TAFE sector and contribute to appropriate networks, such as the TAFE Disability Network (TDN) to keep abreast of new initiatives.
You will have qualifications in:
- Post-secondary qualifications in relevant discipline with subsequent relevant experience.
Crucial to your success will be your proven experience in providing a high level of administrative support in a complex working environment and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint.
You will have demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative relationships and trust with key stakeholders across all levels of an organisation including business areas, industry, government and community support agencies to provide positive student experiences.
Applications close: Monday 30 January 2023