Conference: Students Transitions Achievement Retention & Success (STARS) 2023
Mon 3 Jul 2023 – Wed 5 Jul 2023 AEST
The Sofitel Brisbane, 249 Turbot Street, Brisbane, Queensland
The 2023 STARS conference provides the opportunity to disseminate and discuss current research, good practice, emerging initiatives and leading-edge ideas that are aimed at enhancing students’ tertiary learning experiences. Discussion on a wide variety of subjects is encouraged and focuses on the following topics:
- Students – who are they, what are their needs, what works for different cohorts, strategies for broader social inclusion and increasing participation in tertiary education, participation of first nation peoples
- Transitions – pathways to tertiary education, transitions into (the first year experience) during (work integrated learning) and from tertiary education including graduate employability, and capstone experiences
- Achievement – strategies promoting student achievement including curricular and co-curricular reform, employability, gamification and simulation enhanced learning
- Retention – program, discipline, whole of institution, inter-institutional and sector collaborations designed to improve student retention, threshold skills and concepts
- Success – student engagement, technology enhanced learning, understanding students expectations and realities, psychological wellbeing, application of learning analytics
Who should attend:
- Tertiary teachers and learning support professionals
- Academic and professional staff keen to enhance their knowledge and engage in discussions
- Researchers in higher, tertiary and adult education
- Academic and professional institutional leaders
- Assistant and Associate Deans Learning and Teaching
- Directors of Learning and Teaching, Students, Academic Staff Development and Digital Learning Strategies
- Equity practitioners in Universities who are responsible for widening the participation of equity groups and supporting their transition into University study
Call for Submissions
The Call for Submissions for the Students Transitions Achievement Retention & Success (STARS) Conference in conjunction with Australasian Mental Health and Higher Education Collaboration (AMHHEC) and the Conference Issue of the Student Success Journal is now open.
As well as the STARS themes, for 2023 we encourage submissions which focus upon the promotion of mental health and wellbeing among staff and students in all their diversity within higher education settings. Submissions may emphasise the seamlessness between such settings and their community contexts. The promotion of mental health and wellbeing are shared values of both STARS and AMHHEC.
The submission deadline is the 6th of March 2023.
Registration for the 2023 STARS Conference in conjunction with AMHHEC is now open. Read more about the different registration rates here.