Inclusion & Disability Services Officer - Sydney
Employment Status: Full time continuing role and 1 part-time (0.80 FTE) 12-month fixed term role.
As an Inclusion & Disabilities Services Officer, you will be the principal point of contact within Inclusion & Disability Services, for students with disabilities seeking adjustments to enable them to participate in their education at the University of Sydney.
You will conduct assessments of students with disabilities, making recommendations in line with the required inherent requirements, to relevant staff within the University regarding appropriate services and support, as well as coordinate the provision of these services and support.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- report to the Manager Inclusion and Disabilities Services, and work in a team environment
- conduct the assessments of students with disabilities to identify their support requirements and provide and coordinate the provision of inclusion and disability support services for individual students
- provide disability awareness and support to academic and administrative colleagues
collaborate with the Student Wellbeing team and help create a welcoming environment for students
- liaise with medical treating professionals to ensure appropriate support provision to students with disability
- provide expert advice in response to queries from prospective and current students
- assist in the implementation of the University Disability inclusion Action Plan
Applications close: Tuesday 7 December 2021