Disability Liaison Coordinator - SuniTAFE
The incumbent is required to coordinate student disability support. This will include liaison and case management, advocacy, advice and learning support for students with a disability, impairment or medical condition. The Disability Liaison Coordinator will provide supervision, guidance and advice where required to the Participation Assistants while encouraging a service culture within the team. This position will liaise directly with the Disability Liaison Advisor Swan Hill to ensure disability resources, knowledge and initiatives are consistent and shared across all campuses. This position will remain open until filled.
- Provide advice and knowledge to Institute stakeholders
- Use the Institute Student Management System (SMS)
- Act as an initial referral point and provide on-going support for students with disabilities and their teachers
- Conduct student orientations, information sessions and workshops to student groups on specific disability and wellbeing issues as required
- Assist students with conflict resolution, crisis intervention and complaints and appeals
- Represent the Institute by liaising with various appropriate networks, committees and meetings both locally and statewide
- Monitor the need for special and / or additional educational resources – human and physical, to meet the needs of students with disabilities.
- Report on hazards to students with disabilities
- Provide support if required in the event of a critical incident
- Develop and implement procedures, case management plans and action plans for people with disabilities within the framework of relevant legislation
- Promote a culture of inclusivity, disability awareness, collaboration, communication and knowledge exchange with key Institute stakeholders
- Provide a single point of contact for students, staff and/or community members requiring advice and/or support regarding any child safety concerns
- Responsible for providing information on Child Safe standards and reporting mechanisms to all students via the SSS induction sessions
- Responsible for providing regular information sessions for all staff regarding the Child Safe standards
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of the legislative requirements surrounding Child Safe standards
- Work collaboratively with Institute management and other staff to ensure that child safety is prioritised
- Act in accordance with SuniTAFE values – Customer Focus, Business Acumen, Integrity and Innovation
This position will remain open until filled.