Student mental health & wellbeing: No longer under the radar
As part of the Needed Now online conference the speakers in this session will discuss the following topics:
- What do we know about university students’ mental wellbeing?
- Are there particular disciplines at risk (eg, law, medicine, creative arts)?
- How do we ensure that curriculum, learning & teaching and whole-of-institution mental wellbeing enhancements are mainstreamed and given institutional priority?
- How do we assure student mental wellbeing through online teaching?
- Professor Ian Hickie - Co-Director, Health and Policy at Brain and Mind Centre, University of Sydney
- Dr Ben Veness - Adjunct Professor Fellow, CQUniversity
Associate Professor Chi Baik - Associate Professor & Senior Lecturer, Melbourne University
- Dr Nicole Crawford - Senior Research Fellow, National Centre for Student Equity in Higher Education (NCSEHE), Curtin University
- Professor Rachael Field - Professor at Bond University Law School