Round Table Conference 2021
The 2021 Round Table Virtual Annual Conference is fast approaching, only 8 weeks until conference time. Don’t miss the opportunity to attend one of the most important events within the print disability sector.
This event is being managed by the RIDBC Renwick Centre who have extensive experience managing online events. They supported the 2021 SPEVI Online Conference and the 2020 Orientation and Mobility Symposium and look forward to bringing their knowledge and expertise to the 2021 Round Table Conference!
Around the conference theme “Information Access – Innovation and Collaboration”, presenters will explore the ever-expanding opportunities presented to people with print disabilities for information access and creation, communication and learning.
The extensive high quality conference program includes renowned presenters from across the world, including:
- Alex Lockie, Senior Intelligent Transport Systems Specialist, Advanced Planning, Toyota Motor Corporation Australia – Total Mobility for All.
- Troy Waller, Learning Delivery Specialist, Accessibility Lead, Microsoft in Education - Inclusive Technology Design to Support Students with Print Disabilities.
Feature and Plenary Presenters:
- Dr Agata Mrva-Montoya, Inclusive publishing in Australia: insights from the trenches.
- Jeff Cooke and Dr Garry Foran, Access to plots, charts, and graphics using sonification.John Simpson, A snapshot on where we are with audio description and what are the next steps.
- Dr Frances Gentle, Climate change: Human rights and empowerment of persons with print disabilities.
- Dr Scott Hollier, The future of digital access: what’s nearly here and what’s around the corner.
- Roger Firman, Introduction to UK Association for Accessible Formats (UKAAF).
The conference will provide you with updates on accessible and inclusive practices and projects, braille education, innovative audio and artificial intelligence applications, and much much more.
- ABA General Meeting – Saturday, 15 May 2021.
- Conference Proper - Monday, 17 May to Tuesday, 18 May 2021.
- Tutorial and Workshops - Wednesday, 19 May 2021.
- Round Table AGM - Wednesday, 19 May 2021 at 4:00 pm AEST.