The Australian Government’s Rural and Regional Enterprise Scholarships (RRES) program, including the Creative Arts Scholarships, are now open for applications. There are 700 scholarships on offer in any course of study from Certificate IV to PhD, while the Creative Arts Scholarships will provide 50 scholarships in creative arts courses of study at a Bachelor level. Both scholarships opened for applications on Monday, 1 March 2021, and will remain open throughout 2021 or until the scholarships are fully exhausted.
Both scholarships are valued at up to $18,000 for eligible students from regional and remote Australia. Scholarships are awarded taking into consideration financial need, with priority assessment given to the following applicants:
- Residential address is in a RA4 or RA5 category
- Identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, and provided supporting documentation
- Identify as having a disability, and provided supporting documentation
- Chosen course relates to a field where there is low female representation
- Affected by natural disasters such as drought, flood and/or the 2019-2020 bushfires.
Both scholarships support students for up to four years full-time (or part-time equivalent) with the costs of studying. They are available for flexible study and this includes part-time and online students. Recipients may also be eligible for an additional $500 to undertake an internship during their studies.
Further information and application details