Accessibility Consultant - CQU
This role is at CQU within the Student Accessibility and Equity Team, it is for a fixed-term (until 31.12.2021) and is full-time.
This role improves accessibility of learning and teaching experiences for students with disabilities, medical and mental health conditions through the provision of reasonable adjustments that are targeted, equitable and strengths-based.
This is a truly rewarding role that would suit candidates with high levels of self-motivation, excellent interpersonal and organisational skills and demonstrated knowledge of inclusive educational practices, assistive technology, and relevant disability legislation and Commonwealth guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience and capability working in the field of disability, occupational therapy, psychology, education or related areas.
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a small team and ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve specified goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation, organisation and problem-solving skills, with an ability to apply relevant policies, procedures and legislation within a tertiary education context.
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritise and manage a caseload of campus-based and online learners with minimal supervision.
- A relevant degree with at least four years subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Applications Close: Monday, 30 November 2020