Disability Management - Product Specialist
Databee specialises in creating applications for Higher Education. Databee currently provides Exams Manager, an exam management system, to universities across Australia allowing them to easily manage the logistics of exams.
Databee is currently expanding with new and exciting applications in development. This has created a unique opportunity for someone with expertise in Disability Management/ Services, specifically in Higher Education to join our team. Ideally the successful candidate will be located on the East Coast; however, the Company is flexible on the specific city.
As a small, dispersed company, each Databee employee plays an essential role in business operations. Employees work with a high level of autonomy and are trusted to do so productively. Employees will enjoy flexible work hours to accommodate family and other commitments. Databee supports its employees so that in turn, its employees are motivated to deliver quality outcomes to Databee's clients.
About the Role
Databee is seeking a Disability Management Product Specialist to help in the development and growth of the new Databee Student Assist application by providing innovative and specialist business and process knowledge from their broad experience providing assistance to students with disabilities in the higher education sector.
The Product Specialist will help our established team of software development professionals on a day to day basis with the following:
- Product Development, including: researching the market to ensure product innovation and market placement, determining development priorities, user story creation, planning software releases, testing new releases and creating user documentation.
- Customer Relationship Management, including: developing an early adopter’s program, lead end-user design and testing workshops, release management communication, managing client expectations and an annual review of SLAs and complaints resolution.
- Sales, including; networking, generating leads, proposal development, tender responses and demonstrations of software.
- Software Training, including; training of products both onsite and remotely, conducting implementations, webinars and user-groups as required, creation and maintenance of documentation, training guides (written and video), and training the team on client specific business processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in Disability Management/ Services or similar industry.
- Experience in Higher Education (Universities/ TAFE).
- Experience in product development and management (desirable).
- Experience in a Software/Technology Service or similar organisation (desirable).
To be successful in this role you will be friendly, proactive and dependable, with the ability to liaise and engage with current and potential clients to become a trusted advisor in this space. We are looking for someone who is passionate about delivering quality products and services with a core focus on adding and delivering value to our clients.
In addition, you will have:
- Highly adept interpersonal and relationship skills;
- The ability to interpret customer needs and create solutions;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- A good understanding of technology, be reasonably “tech savvy”;
- An Entrepreneurial mindset: adaptable, open to learning, hands-on, analytical and creative;
- Strong planning, prioritisation and project management capabilities;
- Software sales experience (advantageous); and
- An ability to travel across Australia.
If you have the desire to join and support our vision to Improve Quality of Life through your service to customers, interactions with team members and the software that you help to create and deliver then please provide your resume and a cover letter highlighting what you can specifically bring to this role. Applications that do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.