Disability Liaison Advisor - Torrens
The Disability Liaison Advisor role is an impactful role within our organisation, accountable for coordinating strategies and programs designed to increase the recruitment, participation, retention and success of students with disabilities and/or medical conditions.
On a typical day in this role you will:
- Provide professional case services responding to the individual needs of students with a disability
- Recommend policy developments and changes in relation to the university’s obligations under anti-discrimination legislation
- Promote and undertake university community awareness-raising activities about disability and access issues, and support prospective students with disabilities in their transition to University
- Consult with members of the community about disability issues and ways in which participation by people with disabilities can be enhanced
- Maintain a client caseload, coordinate the implementation of disability-related adjustments for students, and develop systems which support and empower students with disabilities through collaborative needs assessment, planning, information sharing and advocacy in relation to academic requirements.
- Promote an environment that enhances the dignified and successful participation of students with disabilities and/or medical conditions.
Provide professional advice and assistance to program and service areas of the University to support the
- establishment and maintenance of policies and practices that are inclusive of the needs of people with a disability.
This is a Full time Permanent position based in the Sydney CBD, although flexibility of location (Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide) will be considered for the right candidate.
Applications close: 9 July 2020