Senior Disability Advisor - La Trobe
Part time, Continuing (0.8 FTE)
Based at the Bendigo campus
Support students and make a real difference
HEO7 $85,724 - $94,302 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
This position is primarily responsible for ensuring educational support to students with a disability. This includes the conduct of formal assessments of the needs of students with a disability; provision of a range of solution-focused outcomes for students with a disability; support, advice and guidance to both staff and students to enable the successful implementation of reasonable adjustments; and contribution to continuous and pro-active programs that support University and portfolio strategic outcomes.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Degree and/or postgraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline with subsequent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience and capability working in the field of equality and diversity management, including an understanding of relevant legislation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially the capacity to work collaboratively and cooperatively in small teams.
- Demonstrated organisation and problem-solving skills, with an ability to manage multiple activities concurrently.
- Demonstrated high level of self-motivation and personal management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy, reporting and legislative requirements associated with the discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders to achieve outcomes; this may include some conflict resolution capability.