AHEAD Conference 2020: Call for papers
AHEAD, the Association for Higher Education Access and Disability (Ireland) are currently looking for submissions for next year’s AHEAD Conference, ‘Through the Looking Glass: Reflecting on Inclusion from the Boardroom to the Classroom’. The conference will take place on 26th and 27th March 2020 in Croke Park Conference Centre in Dublin.
To meet the needs of our increasingly diverse student populations in further and higher education, we need to recognise that inclusion is everyone’s job - from the boardroom to the classroom and everywhere in between.
All staff on campus play a role in creating the conditions to ensure that all students, including those with disabilities, are given equal opportunities to reach their full potential. Interdisciplinary approaches and universal design thinking are required to enable us to deliver enriching, accessible and engaging experiences that work for all of our learners.
This international conference will ask contributors and participants to reflect on how we can support community approaches to including our diverse learners and shine a light on good practice in further and higher education across the globe.
CALL FOR PAPERS
There are 6 themes for this year’s conference which you can submit a paper under. We are seeking reflections and exemplars of good practice relating to the following themes:
- It Takes a Village - Communities of Inclusive Practice
- What’s the Worst that Can Happen? – Getting it Wrong on the Road to Success
- Tell Me What You Need? - Excellence and Innovation in Disability Support
- If You Build it They Will Come - Active Inclusion Approaches in Further Education
- How Can I Help You? – Inclusive Strategies for Student Services
- Nothing About Us Without Us – Student Voice Theme
Submissions close: 14 october 2019.