Student Equity in Higher Education Research Grants Program — 2019 Funding Round
The NCSEHE invites proposals from high-quality researchers and equity practitioners to conduct policy-relevant research aimed at supporting and informing policy and practice on student equity in higher education.
Funding for several small research projects is available through a competitive selection process. It is anticipated that the majority of grants will be for between AU$30,000 and AU$40,000, although other amounts may be considered. Grants will commence in September 2019 and must be completed within 12 months (closing October 2020).
We invite applications on any relevant topic but particularly invite applications on
topics such as:
- Equity students and STEM
- Equity and mature age students
- Digital inclusion and student equity
- Study-life balance and student equity
- Non-traditional’ equity groups (i.e. other than low SES / Indigenous /
Disability / Regional & Remote / NESB / WINTA / First-in-Family)
- Housing and student equity
In all cases, we are particularly interested in proposals that do one or more of the
- Employ innovative use of existing data sources, or identify and use new data
sources, to analyse the issues above.
- Take a comparative approach, internationally, inter-state, or institutionally, to
understand the issues identified above, and
- Adopt an interdisciplinary and policy-focused approach.
All proposals should be able to identify one or more student equity groups affected
by the research.
Proposals must be submitted by 5pm Western Standard Time on Friday 19 July 2019.