MOOC: Understanding Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
'Understanding Multiple Sclerosis (MS)' is a free online course that aims to improve understanding and awareness of MS. Members of the public will increase their knowledge of MS-related issues and those in the MS Community will be empowered to create and contribute to personalised MS management plans.
The course is designed for anyone with an interest in Multiple Sclerosis including -
- People living with MS, their families and carers
- Medical and nursing professionals
- Allied health professionals
- Advocates, service delivery staff, support workers
There are six modules released weekly with content addressing the areas of -
- Biology and Pathology
- Diagnosis and Symptoms
- Demographics and Introduction to Risk
- Risk Factors
- Disease Management and Support Strategies
- Living with MS
This course was developed in partnership with Multiple Sclerosis Limited, and in collaboration with the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre
Course opens: 29 April 2019 and runs for 6 weeks.