Workshop: Supporting students with Learning Disabilities in your class
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is for teachers and tutors covering any type of class whether it is plumbing, Early Childhood, VCAL or Business Management.
Presenter Karen Starkiss
Why Should I attend?
There will be a number of students in your classes who have some type of Specific Learning Difficulty. They have faced years of feeling ‘stupid’ or inadequate because their needs were not met. Learn how you can support these students
Is this just about Students with Dyslexia?
Dyslexia is the most common learning difficulty however strategies and approaches that suit them will suit students with other learning disabilities
Workshop outline: This workshop will be practical and will provide many ideas, approaches and resources that you can use immediately with your students.
Workshop content includes
- How to recognise dyslexia and other LDs in your class
- What are the specific challenges faced by people with Learning Difficulties
- The range of strategies students can use to overcome their learning difficulties
- How you can support students in class and enable them to reach their potential
- Tools and Technologies to help students access the curriculum and demonstrate their understanding
- Lots of ideas and practical activities to support learners
- Useful websites with free resources to support the teacher and the students
TBC. Bayside area
Dates and times
18 Sep 2017 9:00am AEST
18 Sep 2017 5:00pm AEST