Workshop: Assistive technology
This workshop, facilitated by Mark Cottee (NDCO, Region 15), is a hands on and will explore the potentials and the limitations when considering assistive technology for students with a disability. Focusing on real examples with hands on interactions this workshop will give clear insight into:
- The basics of where to start. (The SETT framework).
- What works (or doesn’t work) for whom and under what conditions?
- iOS devices – built in accessibility functions.
- Toy versus tool – Applications and ‘App smashing’.
- Alternatives – an opportunity for group collaboration.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a range of their favourite devices – phone / tablet / laptop.
Federation Training, Traralgon Campus 49-63 Princes Street Traralgon, Victoria 3844
Dates and times
8 Aug 2017 12:30pm AEST
8 Aug 2017 3:30pm AEST