Student Equity Advisor - Uni Melbourne
The University of Melbourne has 2 Student Equity Advisor positions available.
About the role
The Student Equity Advisor (SEA) plays a key part in the provision and coordination of strategies and services that ensure students requiring special consideration are able to participate equitably in their academic pursuits at the University of Melbourne. These services are delivered in a student-centric environment and in the context that all students are expected to be independent and active participants in their studies at University.
The SEA meets regularly with students who require adjustments or other arrangements to be made to allow them to participate as students on an equitable basis. This involves working with a diverse range of students requiring adjustments for a wide range of reasons (e.g. elite performer, carer, and defence reservist commitments; disabilities; ongoing or short term health problems). SEAs also work with academic and professional staff across the University to manage adjustments and arrangements for students.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification and / or relevant employment experience in a tertiary education
- Experience in the provision of expert and accessible advice and support to students and colleagues about study adjustments and special consideration outcomes that maintain academic integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to interact sensitively and empathetically with students experiencing a wide range of challenges, stress and anxiety in relation to their studies.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to develop a strong working rapport with a wide range of academic and professional colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately interpret, implement and comply with Government legislation and University policy and procedures.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment