Conference: Disability Employment Australia
This year’s conference will examine the future of disability employment and the new DES program. The conference will be guided by four themes. These themes are choice and control, competition and contestability, employer engagement, and service quality.
The conference working title is: the future is what we make it. As the unknowns become known, the details emerge and organisations model and remodel their operational, financial and strategic plans, the DEA Annual Conference is a dynamic meeting place of ideas and practices to take you into 2018 and beyond. For two days the DEA Conference will guide you through capacity building aligned to both the new DES and the broader landscape of disability employment in Australia.
The conference programme will include debates, research and innovative practices across the following areas:
- Choice and control in similar sectors (e.g. aged care, disability services, mental health and social housing)
- How to prepare for the future (e.g. ‘getting burnt and lessons learnt’ – sectors that have undergone major change)
- Can collaboration and competition coexist?
- Engaging participants, engaging community services, and providing quality service in a market model
- Best practice working with participants with challenging behaviours
- Innovation and utilisation of modern technology to improve participant outcome rates
- Effective employer engagement – meeting the needs of small, medium and large business
- Risk and opportunities for the future of the DES program – where will we be in five years’ time?
- International experience – improving employment outcomes for people with disability
- Employment for different disability cohorts
- Career development for people with disability
- Early intervention, work experience, part time jobs and the transition from school to work
- Equity and service quality in regional, rural and remote areas
- The regulatory framework, performance framework and provider expectations in the new DES
- The intersection between the new DES and the National Disability Insurance Scheme
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of People with Disabilities, the National Disability Strategy, and the future of disability employment
Who should attend?
Anyone with an interest in employment assistance for people with disability including:
- Disability Employment Services
- People with disability
- Training organisations
- Policy makers
- Employers and their representatives
Dates and times
6 Sep 2017 9:00am AEST
7 Sep 2017 5:00pm AEST