Disability Adviser - ACU
Enable access and equity for students with disabilities or chronic health conditions
- Assist the University to meet its legislated responsibilities
- Part-time (0.6 FTE) three days per week including Wednesday and Thursday continuing position located at the Brisbane campus
Disability Services is located within the Office of Student Success and responds to individual needs and enhances the supportive framework of the University. We provide quality support services, programs and learning opportunities to enable each student to develop to their full potential and to make an ongoing contribution to the good of society.
As the Disability Adviser your role will entail planning, assessing and coordinating adjustments for existing and prospective students with disabilities and chronic health conditions. More specifically you will:
- recommend, negotiate and organise adjustments across the University
- promote inclusive teaching strategies to accommodate students with disabilities
- provide advice on a broad range of disability-related matters to staff at all levels
- contribute to the development and review of policies to ensure compliance with legislation.
You will need to demonstrate:
- a relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent experience or and equivalent combination of experience in a related field.
- adaptability, flexibility and the capacity to influence effectively to gain support for courses of action
- evidence of ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
- capacity for interpersonal understanding of a diverse range of individuals and groups in order to negotiate constructive outcomes.
Total remuneration valued to $96,241 - $104,161 pa, including salary component $81,325 - $88,017 pa (HEW Level 7), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Thursday 2 March 2017