Disability Advisor - USQ
USQ currently has available a rewarding part-time opportunity for a motivated human services professional with a strong commitment to supporting students with disabilities to manage the provision of disability support services to a diverse population of students.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Coordinator (Disability Resources), you will work closely with the broader Student Services team across our three campuses, ensuring that students with disabilities receive appropriate and timely assistance to enable them to participate in tertiary study.
Your responsibilities will include:
Conducting interviews on a daily basis with students registering with Disability Services and students discussing ongoing issues;
- Providing input and ideas into the delivery of disability services across the university;
- Developing productive networks and establishing a profile at our Ipswich and Springfield campuses to promote the Disability Service and Student Services more broadly;
- Advocating on behalf of students to academics and other areas of the University to achieve positive outcomes;
- Managing student expectations of support and ensuring reasonable adjustments are provided particularly where disability or a medical condition is complex and requires negotiation for satisfactory outcomes; and
- Working as part of the Student Services team, participating in activities and promoting opportunities available including USQ Open Days and Orientation.
In 2017, the Disability Advisor will make a valuable contribution to the new case management system planned for Student Services to achieve best practice.
This role will require travel between campuses and infrequent work after hours to facilitate representation of the University at student related activities throughout the year.