ADCET Webinar: Opening All Options - Learning Disability Resource. Update and relaunch
ADCET and the Australian Tertiary Education Network on Disability (ATEND) are pleased to bring you this webinar - it will be live captioned and there is no cost to attend.
The Opening All Options (OAO) - Learning Disability Resource was first released in 1999 and updated a number of times in subsequent years. Julie Fry and Jo Webber have undertaken the enormous task of this current update. The resource continues to provide comprehensive information about Learning Disability relevant to the needs of the post-secondary education sector.
In this webinar Julie and Jo will provide an overview of the updated resource.
The following areas are covered in this latest update:
- What is a Specific Learning Disability (SLD)?
- Teaching strategies for students with a Specific Learning Disability (SLD)
- Study skills for students with a Specific Learning Disability (SLD)
- Universal design solutions that address academic barriers for students with a Specific Learning Disability (SLD)
- The Impact of a specific learning disability in education
- Tips for the new Disability Practitioner
- Reasonable adjustments and Specific Learning Disability
- Screening for indicators of a Specific Learning Disability
- The Disability Practitioner, Specific Learning Disabilities and the education context in Australia
- Personalised learning: A framework for practice
- Assistive Technology
Dates and times
27 Sep 2016 1:00pm AEST
27 Sep 2016 2:00pm AEST