Louisa Alessandri Memorial Fund Scholarship
Applications are now invited for the Louisa Alessandri Memorial Fund Scholarship, now valued at $10,000, which is intended to help students residing in Western Australia, with a physical, vision or hearing disability to achieve their career aspirations.
The Scholarship is intended to assist a student with a physical disability to achieve his or her career aspirations. Funds may be used for a variety of purposes, including course fees, equipment, support, interpreters, transport, etc.
Eligible students will:
- have a physical disability, or a vision or hearing impairment,and provide a statement describing how the disability impacts on his/her ability to undertake study
- be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to an area of study that can lead to a possible career path in the future
- provide evidence of current enrolment in study with a recognised institution
- provide evidence of successful completion of at least one semester of relevant tertiary or postsecondary study
- have demonstrated leadership qualities and community involvement
- be under 40 years of age at close of applications on Friday, 30 September 2016
- be an Australian citizen and reside in WA.
The Scholarship is awarded by a Selection Panel appointed by the Dr Louisa Alessandri Memorial Fund Committee.
The value of the Scholarship is AUD $10,000. One or more Achievement Awards of $2000 may be granted at the discretion of the Selection Panel.