EPHEA (Equity Practitioners in Higher Education Australasia) (formerly EOPHEA) is the professional organisation for university and TAFE equity practitioners who work in Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific region.
Everyone working on equal opportunity programs for students or staff in the higher education sector is automatically entitled to free membership of EPHEA. Join the listserv for access to online discussions and current events.
EPHEA aims to strengthen and support equal opportunity and affirmative action programs for students and staff in higher education by
- providing a collegial network for sharing professional knowledge among equal opportunity practitioners and their representative bodies
- convening biennial conferences to contribute to the knowledge, research and practice of equal opportunity in higher education
- initiating and contributing to discussion of equal opportunity and affirmative action issues in national forums
- making policy recommendations to decision-making bodies including government and the higher education sector
- developing links with organisations that have similar professional aims
Equal opportunity practitioners develop and implement student and/or staff affirmative action programs, manage organisational responsibilities under anti-discrimination legislation, promote cultural change within institutions, and foster an environment which provides values and respects diversity.
Contact your EPHEA State Convenor for further information on EPHEA
Application for membership of EPHEA