Welcome to CATSuite! This is the place where you will find resources focussed towards professional learning and embedding inclusive practice within your institutions. Feedback from our stakeholders and users of the CATS website helped us to identify that the development of a 'suite' of resources would be appropriate to support the work of practitioners who may be facilitating professional learning and training with their colleagues. The resources found here will hopefully assist these processes and provide a broader orientation to the CATS tools overall.
At the CATSuite, you will find:
- Good Practice Strategies for Embedding Inclusion: a document that maps key challenge areas with strategies for overcoming them, alongside good practice strategies for embedding inclusive practice at both an individual and institutional level.
- Self Review and Planning Tool: a quality assurance mechanism that assists staff to review their practice and to facilitate the attainment of strategic plans and policies such as a Disability Action Plan. All download and training/user manuals are provided.
- Customisable Fact Sheets: downloadable fact sheets that provide a template, with text, for university staff to customise according to appropriate university vocabulary, contact details and professional development session titles etc.
- CATSplash: a university-specific branded (by logo and unique URL) splash page that has been developed to assist users to navigate the CATS site. Recommended text for university-based Equity/Disability webpages has also been provided.
- 'Joe's Video': a text-animated video that was developed to serve as an innovative 'conversation starter' for professional learning.
- 'Inclusive Practice in 5': an achievable framework for academic staff trying to implement inclusive practice in their teaching, learning and assessment. The framework is a pro-active guide to inclusive practice which includes 'Be Statements' which help to avoid just in time or ad hoc responses to students with disability.
Click on highlighted text above to access the resources available (and feel free to contact us with suggestions for additional content!).