The Learning Disabilities Association of Ontario (LDAO)
is a charitable non-profit organisation dedicated to improving the
lives of children, youth and adults with learning disabilities. It
assists people with learning disabilities and their families in meeting
their expressed needs by:
- providing support, guidance and up-to-date resource information;
- providing the opportunity for the sharing of information and common concerns;
- encouraging research in the field of learning disabilities;
- supporting and generating legislative initiatives.
The British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- The BDA is the national organisation for people with specific
learning disability in the United Kingdom. It consists of over 120
Local Dyslexia Associations and Support Groups, and about 60 Corporate
Members. It represents over two million dyslexic children and adults.
- LD OnLine is a service of The Learning Project at WETA, Washington,
D.C., in association with The Co-ordinated Campaign for Learning
Disabilities. It is an interactive guide to learning disability for
parents, teachers and children.
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
- The LDA is a national, non-profit organisation. Their purpose is to
advance the education and general welfare of children and adults of
normal or potentially normal intelligence who manifest disabilities of
a perceptual, conceptual, or coordinative nature.
The Learning Disabilities Association of Massachusetts (LDAM)
- LDAM is a non- profit, volunteer organization including individuals
with learning disabilities, their families, and professionals. LDAM is
dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for all individuals with
learning disabilities and their families, and to alleviating the
restricting effects of learning disabilities.
Dyslexia the Gift - Information and resources on Dyslexia.